Trust Administration

Helping Successor Trustees gain control for over 20 years


California Trust Administration

What to do when someone dies with a Trust

What are the next steps after someone in California dies with a Trust?What happens to my parent’s home after they pass away with a Trust? How are property and possessions distributed after a death in the family? 

It’s a lot to consider, but this is what everyone needs

  • Simple steps for the heirs
  • Streamlined access to your inheritance
  • Smooth distribution of assets
  • Tax benefits upon transfer of your home 
  • Easy property and possession transfers

Join over 27,000 other Californians who trust Vanguard to provide guidance and legal expertise, answering these questions and handling their affairs. We make settling your family’s estate simple and easy. We provide you access to Will & Trust assets along with peace of mind. 

Peace Of Mind Is Waiting.

(858) 384-5777

Send Us A Message

Trust administration



“Vanguard listened, was efficient, affordable and always polite. The Trust represents my requests and protects my heir’s inheritance.”

Testimonial Item

- Debra M.

“I felt heard and cared for. Vanguard answered all my questions and provided me with the certainty I needed to make this important decision.”.

Testimonial Item

Susan R.

Over 27,000+

 Satisfied Clients

30+ Years

of Practice Experience

50+ Convenient

Office Locations

Legal Responsibilities

 When someone dies with a Trust in California, the estate must be administered by a Successor Trustee. This individual in charge must take numerous legal steps to transfer assets to the beneficiaries. In estate planning, these legal steps are called Trust Administration – the settling of one’s estate, retitling of real property and finalizing of the late individual’s affairs. 

These steps include:

  • Filing an original Will with the probate court 
  • Notifying the Department of Health Care Services and Franchise Tax Board
  • Preparation of Affidavit of Death & New Certificate of Trust
  • Mailing statutory notices
  • Obtaining a unique Tax ID
  • Creating a small estate affidavit

As one of California’s largest Estate Planning firms, Vanguard Legal Group doesn’t just answer your questions. We resolve your problems. If someone in your family has recently died and owns property or assets in excess of $185,000, the estate must have the Trust Administered. Call Vanguard Legal Group today to get the help you need – (858) 384-5777

Contact Us

Send us a message with your information so we can share the benefits of our service